Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Just another magnificent Monday...

Today, being the first Monday of the month, I headed north to Scarborough for a Knit and Natter group there. It's about a half hour drive and very pleasant as peak hour is well and truly over. Scarborough is part of the Redcliffe Peninsula and I  always love going to this area with it's lovely coastline views. Springtime here is a beautiful time of year.

Today I handed in the 2 throws for K4BN as well as my very modest contribution to the Christmas Challenge which was last weekend. The idea was to make items with a Christmas theme, which charities and community groups could use as small gifts for the needy in the community. We were told that there was no need for little knitted Christmas stockings as there were hundreds left over from a drive last year. Another K4BN member, Laraine, offered to send me a pattern for a simple knitted teddy which I eagerly accepted. The challenge started on Friday night and went through to Sunday night. I procrastinated...'Would the pattern be easy to follow? Would the bear be easy to sew up? Would my bear look like a bear?...Eventually on Sunday I had no option...I had to make a start...actually, I had to finish the bear. Once I got started  I really enjoyed making 'him' and then was sorry that I left it so late otherwise I would have made a few more. The teddy is knitted all in one piece and he is about 5 inches tall. The other ladies at Knit and Natter this morning thought he looked quite ok and Karen even gave him a little cuddle! lol


His Christmas bow is nearly as big as him!


When I arrived home early afternoon, DH said that a parcel had arrived for me. It was from Fiona of 'Designs by Fee' . This is what was in the parcel...

A parcel wrapped in some gorgeous gift paper with dogs on it (so cute), and inside the parcel a novel and a couple of little goodies and a little note from Fee.

And, glued inside the front of the book, is the explanation about this book's journey...




When Fiona finished reading the book, she offered readers the chance to be next in the Pay It Forward Giveaway. I was lucky enough to win the draw so now my task is to firstly read the book...
When I've finished reading the book, I'll offer people who read my blog the chance to be the next person in the Pay It Forward Giveaway. So it's a case of 'Watch this Space'!

A closer view of that lovely paper

1 comment:

Maria said...

The best way to spend some time. Nattering to friends and doing craft.Love your wee teddy.

Have you made your first part of the Friend Medalion yet??