Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

My new toy...

Well it's technically not that new any more...it's about a month old and I bought it during the Janome sale at my local sewing machine shop. Yes! It's my new sewing machine and it's not the super expensive model I thought that I would buy. I read reviews in sewing magazines of various brands and models but when I went to actually try out machines at the little local shop I found this model did everything I wanted and best of all...it was simple to use! So I hardly touched my 'tax refund' money and it stays in my account earning interest until it's needed.




My old machine has stayed; I'm not quite ready to part with this old friend. We've been a team for 37 years but even I knew that there had to be machines that did buttonholes easier. That was basically the only criticism I had of my Elna 'workhorse'...the complicated buttonholes :-(   That machine sewed so many items of clothing for family members, it pieced quilts, sewed cushions, curtains and seat covers. It sewed wovens and stretch fabrics, organzas and silks, linens and cottons, it sewed trapunto and applique, it mended and upcycled and it got lugged to classes etc.



But when I had my first lesson on my new machine...I realised I was in love...so much potential fun is coming up! I don't know why I was so surprised by all the marvellous possibilities of the new machine...after all a lot of research and development, as well as scientific innovation can happen in 37 years!!! And most importantly...it has three types of buttonholes and they are all easy!!!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Have lots of fun using your new toy.

Lynn said...

Oh the possibilities, where will you start? Can't wait to see some finished projects!

Kimmie said...

Always love stopping by your blog :]