Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

On my mind...handing over my latest creation.

Today I'm joining in with the Friday feature, On my mind... on Rhonda's Down To Earth blog.

Tomorrow I've organised to meet up with my friend Liz and her husband Glenn, to give them the gift I've made for their 40th wedding anniversary. It was actually ready to hand over the last time I saw Liz which was on Tuesday at the Melbourne Cup function we went to. But I had been asked to take the item  for 'Show and Tell' to Sisters of Stitch on Wednesday so Tuesday didn't work.



In the bag...tied up with red ribbon for ruby wedding anniversary

So tomorrow at 2pm Liz will get the surprise I made for them; a mohair throw with 40 different colours and some black for the ends. I've called the piece, 'Touching Rainbows' as most people love to touch mohair and stroke it...very tactile.

On a chair


On the line...
It was great fun to make!!!

2 comments:

Claud said...

Another beautiful master piece. Lovely gift!

Lynn said...

Just beautiful!