Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

On my mind...some of the good things in life such as knitting yarns! lol

This photo was in an email that I received this morning
Today I'm joining in with Rhonda's Friday Feature as I usually do on a Friday.
This year I've made a number of new friends through the knitting group Knitting for Brisbane's Needy. Some, I regularly see in person and others I communicate with through either the Forum or the Facebook page of the group. I have a rather large stash of knitting yarns but I still get quite excited when one of the ladies tells of a new source of yarn on the forum page. Yesterday Yvette mentioned that she had bought herself a Christmas present of some Caron Mill ends from her source in Michigan....gasp...she bought 28 skeins altogether in  4, 1lb lots. The pound lots are around $5USD...gasp gasp. Now postage is a lot, Yvette said but when you divide the total by the number of skeins, it is very economical.

So guess who has put a bid on 2 of the one lb lots...a black and a vivid mid blue? This yarn is a soft acrylic and my stash has mainly pure wool and therefore not suitable for charity knitting. I plan to make a throw similar to the one in my banner for K4BN and will use the black acrylic as the main colour which requires 300g of that yarn.
I'm going to sort through the craft items stashed in the wardrobe in my sewing room...see what I can despatch to a charity bin...items that I know I'll never use! And that will make room in case I win these items :-) (well I'm hoping to clear some space...that IS my intention!)
In Yvette's email there was the  photo above that epitomises so many things that I value and love.


3 comments:

Becky said...

I have almost as much yarn as I have fabric stash. I'm trying to use up what I have before I buy anymore. I wish you luck on your bids.

Naturally Carol said...

I hope you get the yarn you want. I was just reading about your year 7 graduation ceremonies too..I don't think it will be long before those year 7's will be arriving in limos!

Yvette said...

Hi Maria - quite often on this ebay site I just go to Buy It Now - sometimes the bids get very high for that yarn....!!!

I also should be using up what I have...but hey, no one ever buys me pressies so I buy them for myself.......hehee

Good luck!

Yvette