Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A family Sunday...

Today was a busy day. DH and I set off just after 8, picked up DD1 and then headed for the north coast, to where my niece and her family live. The family met up today for a celebratory brunch for my great niece's second birthday.
We saw the lovely tent cubby that my niece had sewn for Lucy after getting the idea from a TV show. My niece did a great job...all with recycled materials.




The birthday cake was 'Lamington Man' one of little Lucy's favourite picture books (it's like an Aussie version of the Gingerbreadman). But she seemed more interested in the chocolate cupcake that DD1 had baked! lol



And what would a 2nd birthday be without presents? Lucy had lots of fun opening her presents and loved the playdough set from DD1, the pink playsuit, hairclips, hairband and bracelets from DD2, an Icecream Shop and also a new sandpit from Poppy(my brother), Myra (his partner) and her 2 uncles. And the pink tutu skirt and hotpink 2 piece togs set from DH and I were pretty popular too! We also gave her a toy vacuum cleaner for her cubby! lol



My niece, with her father (my brother) and little Lucy

2 comments:

Claud said...

What a cutie Miss Lucy is! And the party sounds like lots of fun. Sometimes I wish I had a pink tutu for me. I think we girls should be allowed to prance in our tutus when ever we feel like it ;-).

Lea White said...

Thank you for your lovely comment!

What a lovely birthday party celebration! Kids' birthdays are such fun!