Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Make-grow-thrift...

I'm again joining in with Jodie in her regular Monday feature. This week I'm also sharing a recipe. I used to make it years ago and for what ever reason, hadn't made it for years. I decided to rectify that situation by making it as my contribution to a family brunch yesterday. It has a number of names, Impossible Quiche and Nanna's Impossible Pie are 2 names I've seen used for it.
This is what it looks like...




And this is the recipe...

Impossible Quiche/aka Nanna’s Impossible Pie
Ingredients:-
4 eggs
2 cups milk
¾ cup Self Raising flour
1 small onion chopped or 3 eshallots chopped
1 cup of bacon chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
¾ cup of feta crumbled
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup grated carrot
½ cup chopped capsicum (pepper)
60 grams melted butter
Method: Now you can just mix the ingredients all together but I prefer  to lightly beat the eggs first, mix with the milk and add to the other ingredients. You can chop or grate any vegies you like (leftover vegetables are good) or add tinned corn etc.
Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes until set and golden in colour. There will be a base similar to a pastry. 

Even my brother who normally doesn't eat quiche, had 2 pieces!
And one more photo showing the progress on the blanket that I making out of donated squares; it's grown since last Monday and I'm now determined to have it completed by next week.


4 comments:

Tiff said...

That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipie! Your blanket looks amazing too! X

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

Yes men only pretend they don't like quiche Maria! It looks delicious. Thank you for being a regular on Make Grow Thrift Monday's xx

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

Quiche is one of my favourite summer dinner dishes. Thanks for sharing your take on it!

Lea White said...

That looks very yummy! The blanket is beautiful!