A few weeks back a friend gave me a Size 2 tracksuit and a similar sized top which she had had in her cupboard. I washed them and last night I embroidered some flowers on both tops. These items have now been handed to Karen (from K4BN) to give to a family with a little girl who need a 'helping hand'.
Last night I also used some of the Christmas fabric that the same friend had given me. I made a pillow case as a sample to show the other ladies in the sewing bee group that I attend 2 Wednesday nights per month. This group is working on items for our parish's Twilight Markets in September. I have been given lots of Christmas fabrics and pillowcases have the potential to use lots of it (so I'm not storing it :-/)
|The border fabric was in long thin strips; plenty to cut a 1/4 yard strip.|
Then the last project I worked on last night was to continue making crocheted squares of 15 inches in indigenous colours. The knitting group I belong to received an SOS from a social worker asking for blankets in those colours for some of her 'clients'. The group has only just distributed items at 2 events in the last few weeks and the 'cupboard' is quite bare. So a group of us have volunteered to knit or crochet these squares and 2 ladies have offered to sew these into blankets. Because I'm working on another largish project at the moment, I'm just aiming to get just 1 square done per day. The colours are red, yellow/gold and black. I'll work on the black ones in day time I think.