Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Things that make me smile...

A few years ago I joined a few friends and every day we would post a photo on our Facebook wall of something that would make us smile. We did that for a number of months and then it just petered out I guess. But I've found a couple of folders on the computer with most of these photos and thought that I might share some on my blog. Most of the photos in this post were taken on a short holiday to Melbourne in 2009. Everywhere we went on that holiday I was looking for 'shots' for the FB project. :-)
This delightful statue is in Melbourne

First glance it just looks like an uncleared table, but look on the left foreground. This is a cafe on the waterfront in Port Melbourne and a very cheeky little bird.

This sign was in a carpark just near our hotel in Melbourne

Cakes in the window of a St Kilda shop


Another cake shop in St Kilda, Melbourne

I noticed these figures on top of a shop awning in St Kilda

Clock in an arcade in the Royal Arcade in Melbourne. The figures are Gog and McGog  and they have been striking the time since 1842.

The only 'non Melbourne' photo this post. DD1 and DD2 aged 6 and 3, at a fete

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I am fond of cakes so that cake shop in St Kilda made me smile!

Becky said...

What precious little faces! And I love the bird - I actually thought it may have been a table decorations so I'm glad you pointed out it is a REAL bird. lol Melbourne definitely looks like a very enjoyable City to visit.

Kirsty @ Bowerbird Blue said...

Gog and McGog are ace, so kooky.