Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Photographic Scavenger Hunt....

Once again I'm joining in with Deb. This week the photos are about what is on a shelf. Last week I left a comment on Deb's blog saying that my shelves are too untidy to photograph and that I would have to post photos of other people's shelves. But it's ok, I've reconsidered and all the 'shelf photos' are my own, lol!

Once I used to regularly change the display in my buffet hutch, but in recent times I've got out of the habit. I always enjoy it when Tanya over at Suburban Jubilee changes the display of her china and other knick nacks and shares the photos on her blog. So this last week I decided to change the mess display in my hutch. I have never displayed this dinner set in all the years that I've owned it; it's always been hidden in a lower cupboard. I put some other 'pastel pieces' with it as well.


 I really enjoyed creating this display so I think I will change this on a regular basis, bringing out items that haven't seen the 'light of day' for ages. The majority of the display china is the design called 'Angela' which I thought was so pretty (still do!), and encouraged by my late MIL, I started buying it piece by piece. Then it was discontinued before I could collect the majority of it. It is the one set that is liked by DD1 and she has asked me to leave it to her!

Now DH and I have 'his' and 'her' mug shelves. I like to think that my cups/mugs are more dainty than his! lol


Hers

His


We also have a display unit in the lounge room in which we display family photos and a few other items, especially DH's golfing trophies. The unit is really a DVD storage unit, but we needed a tallish unit to 'balance' an empty corner...and somewhere to show off photos...so that's what it became :-)


So there you are...some of my shelves...

9 comments:

Lynn said...

We have his and her mugs too! Mine flowery and fine bone china and his big and chunky. I love seeing china on display.

Tanya Murray said...

How gorgeous! I've always loved "Angela" and never tired of it. It is one of the most delicate but definitely not insipid florals in my opinion. I could stare at it for hours. I have never seen so many pieces all together before. Stunning!

DEB said...

Glad to see that their was change in the wind. Looks great. Thanks for playing with us this Saturday.

DEB said...

Meant to read there not their. Oops and I'm a teacher.

Marion Starr said...

You are so organised Maria! My shelves are full of books, books and more books...thanks for your comment about the photos.

Susan said...

Beautiful and delicate china Maria. I also admire that sweet doiley too.
We have our own mugs as well.
Cheers for now :D)

Chris said...

Lovely display of special china Maria and what a great idea to rotate your displays. I know I have lots of lovely bits and pieces hidden away and I have no clue why, except that maybe there's the little problem of dust which seems to be very bountiful in my home. TFS

Anonymous said...

love your hutch it looked so pretty with the china on it and what a good idea with your corner unit to fill it with pics,thankyou for sharing.xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria, I'm over from Deb's. Thank you for sharing these pics with us, your delicate china is beautiful and so nice to get it out on display.