Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Photographic Scavenger Hunt; Something crooked...

Once again I'm joining with Deb and others in this weekly feature. My DH responded in a similar way to Deb's 'Bearded Wonder' in regards to this topic. When I commented that I needed some photos for this topic, DH responded with 'So is Campbell coming over to get his photo taken is he?' Campbell is the premier and there is yet another scandal involving this government, unfolding at the moment here.... sigh...

No,... no photos of politicians just some items in the environment that are not perfectly perpendicular and which could be viewed as a bit highly haphazard! lol

The trunk and branches of the crepe myrtles down the side of the house...

Oops! Where the 'old' part of the house joins a 1990s extension

The path of pavers to the front gate...

A tree near the front fence. This tree is often trimmed by contractors working for the electricity provider...

Electricity pole a little way up the street from our place...

This tree grows on the footpath across the road from our place

A house on the other side of the road from us. When I first moved here 10 years ago this was a charming picket fence...but the termites and rot have kind of spoiled it's appearance lol! Even the gate is now hanging crookedly :-(

Talking of fences...this is our next door neighbour's front fence

One crooked batten around the downstairs part of our house...

A jungle of crepe myrtles which are self sown near our back gate

The bend in this part of the back boundary fence of our yard...

What happens when you buy an arch from Sam's Warehouse and let a vine grow over it lol!
 The last photos are really 'out there'...the first is a sheet of film from some scans of  some of 'my plumbing'...The second is a close up of one of the scans, showing the lower part of my spine...which has a curve (and another one higher up). My mother couldn't stand to look at my back and had all sorts of hypotheses as to why I had scoliosis (I slumped; didn't sit up straight etc)  She was later found to have scoliosis too, as was her mother :-) So I think some genetics might have been at work.

So there's my view/take on crookedness....

5 comments:

Chris said...

Fantastic collection of crookedness, it's amazing what can be found when you are really looking.

twinpeakprimitives said...

It is such an interesting post Maria!

You showed us the difference in between looking and seeing!I loved also your way to express that obvious difference as well!
Happy weekend!

Becky said...

Wonderful collection of pictures.

Sue Grier said...

Great photos Maria.

Fran said...

Love your path and arbor. Looks like something in my yard.