Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Friday Night with Friends...

Cheryll over at Gone Stitchin' has organised another night just like FNSI but called Friday Night with Friends, Last night was the first one...Cheryll celebrated the first of these night by posting a tutorial for making a 'tools' bag'.



This is what I 'got up to' :-)

First of all I finally finished stitching the design for a Christmas wallhanging that I started last year at the annual Christmas party at my local patchwork shop, The Patchwork Tree. There wasn't enough thread in the kit and even though I had bought a package of the thread, somehow I had not got back to the project. Now it's still not finished as I still have to 'back it' and then sew down the excess into a border.





I also sewed up some mini Christmas stockings and put a few finishing touches to them with ribbon and bells. Another member of K4BN sewed bells on some of the stockings that she made and I thought, 'Why not'! lol
I'll continue to make these mini stockings over the next month or so, as several hundred are required by a number of organisations which help the needy in the community.





The last bit of craft that I did before bedtime was a few rows of the chevron throw on my needles at the moment. 


Using up lots of scraps and oddments of yarn, this project is 'growing'...


Many thanks to Cheryll for organising this event....To see what others did go here for the links to each participant's blog. Great fun :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria i love your Chevron blanket the colours are gorgeous and well done with your little stockings and your stitchery.xx

Maria said...

What a fabulous night you had Maria stitching along with us all.
Nice stichery and your we stocking are just so cute...

Anthea said...

Hello Maria, well done on finishing the christmas stitching after so long, it's very sweet...

Naturally Carol said...

I like the way your chevron throw is working out with it's varied textures and bits of sparkle! I think your Christmas projects are looking great too.