Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Photographic Scavenger Hunt; Pets

Once again I'm joining others in this feature hosted by Deb.

When I first met DH, he had Ozzie the dog and Merlin the cat.


DsD3 and Merlin whom she rescued as a kitten after he and a sibling were dumped in a park...


DD2 and I had a kitten whom she had called Eduardo Phillipe. Then DD2, Eduardo and I moved  to DH's place to housesit and care for Merlin and Ozzie, while he did a tour of duty in PNG for 3 months with AusAid. But then after 3 months, we stayed :-)

Eduardo


Then at the end of 2003 my ex was leaving Queensland but was only taking the dog; he didn't want the cat. I resigned myself to having to possibly have Lina 'put down'. DH wouldn't hear of such a thing...he insisted that she come and live with us. So we brought her home here on Christmas Eve.


Lina, just hanging around...
Neighbours probably described us as 'that crazy couple with all the cats' but we didn't care :-)  Now sadly, 3  of our menagerie have gone, leaving Eduardo, who naturally is thoroughly spoiled.


He can be a naughty boy too!

8 comments:

Sue Grier said...

Love your cats. All pets are special

Naturally Carol said...

This is such a nice story about all of your cats. I'm so glad that none got left behind and they all adapted so well to their new home.

DEB said...

Thanks for sharing your story of the cats in your life.

ozgrkdn said...

yes:)) in my country we have obscurantism goverment,bigotry!fighting all abilities,Atatürk's youth and we are fighting to they!my city have a square and we are portrait Atatürk his died before 73 years...I'm there!!:))

Anonymous said...

you sure are animal lovers,my mum prefers cats to people,lol.xx

Becky said...

What a GREAT husband you have to take in such wonderful animals.

Unknown said...

I miss my cat so it's lovely to see you photos. Don't think i'll ever have another, but who knows! Love that one of Lina looking very relaxed. Sue

twinpeakprimitives said...

Lovely pets Maria.
I love all animals but cats are the best!

A happy week!