Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Photographic Scavenger Hunt; Sparkle

Deb has decided to make this the last scavenger hunt for a while, as I guess we're all getting a bit busier with the holiday season approaching. I had thought about the topic over the last couple of weeks and had come to the conclusion I would have to take some photos especially, despite having 'masses' of photos on the portable hard drive, on various pen drives and also in folders in both computers. 

Maybe, I thought, I could take a photo of my one piece of clothing with some 'bling'...a tank top made out of black fabric with sequins over the front? Perhaps I could take another photo of the beautiful Swarovski crystal flower ornament that  my colleagues gave me as a retirement gift. I had photos of it but these photos didn't do justice to this beautiful piece... Well I didn't get around to doing either of these things....you know, the old 'shoulda, coulda, woulda' type of thing! lol 
Here are two of the photos that I took of my beautiful little flower last year...





Then I had another idea...take photos of the sun glistening on the waves during our recent day trip to the Gold Coast by boat. Well I did take photos but it maybe was not as sparkly as it was in real life. And then...




I was manning the parish's craft stall at our annual Christmas Markets on Saturday, when I noticed a bit of sparkle in a number of the goodies that we had for sale...so here are some pictures of 'sparkle' after all! 

Look at those sparkly haloes  there :-)



Some more 'peg' angels...


 Some lovely little girls' bags were made and donated by the daughter of 2 of our parishioners. Lots of bling here!
Close up of one bag...

All the bags lined up for sale on the table...

Close up of another bag's sparkle...




Why not visit Deb to see her sparkly photos? :-)

6 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

I'm always a sucker for sparkles!

Dorothy said...

I love the idea of that scavenger hunt. I also love taking photos but most times am uninspired as to the subject. It would be good to have a 'mission' in mind and just go out and DO IT !!!!

Anonymous said...

i love sparkles as well,lovely pics Maria.xx

Becky said...

SO SPARKLY! :) I will have some sparkle to share later in the week!

DEB said...

Love the seasonal sparkle. Thanks for being part of this challenge and if I get it up and running again next year, you would be welcome to join in again.

Susan said...

those are simply gorgeous sparkles Maria. Puts smiles on faces :D)