Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Talking felt...

A little while ago, a friend told me about Jodie Carleton's blog Ric-Rac. When I visited this blog, I too, was entranced by the beautiful felt creations that Jodie makes. Jodie also wrote about one of the sources where she buys her felt from, so I followed the link and certainly liked what I saw on the site. 

You see, I had bought some felt locally just before that and really didn't like the quality at all!  My local knitting store had also had some bundles of felt cut in smallish squares but even though it was of excellent quality, the colours were a bit dull. So after a bit of deliberation, I decided to buy a few pieces from Winterwood . A week later, I unwrapped this parcel of beautiful quality felt. 
On the left is a bundle of hand dyed felt in the Christmas range. The white felt is commercially dyed. Both 'feel' beautiful 



Yesterday I got another parcel in the mail with 2 beautiful wrapped packages inside...

I'd opened one and then thought that it would be a good idea to take a photo showing the lovely snowflake design and the pretty ribbon decorated with some beading...


In the first package was this handsome fellow made of felt!

And in the second parcel was this very impressive felt dog!



I was Carol's  swap buddy in a Christmas ornament swap that we both signed up for... I feel very lucky to have been matched with Carol as I absolutely love these 2 felt decorations. I have a different swap buddy and will send the hexagon ornament, I made a while ago. Tomorrow is the deadline for posting for this swap, as well as another one I signed up for run through Elfster. The second one must remain a secret for a bit longer, but one clue is that it is surprisingly light and is going to its forever home in Canberra ! :-)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i must check out that felt place,lovely ornaments Maria.xx

twinpeakprimitives said...

You have got your Christmas Cheer and spirit too :) Ornaments look so very beautiful-well done!

Lynn said...

Isn't it lovely receiving gifts through the mail. (makes you feel like a kit again!) They are lovely ornaments and love the wrapping. Winterwood is a favourite site of mine also.

Naturally Carol said...

I checked out that site from RicRac's as well. Now that you have confirmed how lovely the felt is I will have confidence in getting some. The dilemna now is choosing colours!

kaiteM said...

The felt you received from WW is beautiful, makes doing one's own a bit redundant. I received a lovely huge package of felt supplies from a de-stashing friend this week, but i don't know when i'll get around to using it. Love the felt doggie, looks a bit Scotty.