Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Another Christmas 'break-up'...

As the year draws to a close, many of the groups that I belong to are having the last get together for the year.   Naturally that's an excuse for a bit of a Christmas party. On Monday the Scarborough Knit and Natter group had their last meeting for the year. It was actually held at Deception Bay due to the ill health of our regular hostess. Thanks to our GPS I had no problems finding my way into the uncharted territory (well uncharted for me!) of Deception Bay. That day I took some photos of some of the items for Show and tell.

Robyn modelling some of the donations...
 The next photo has a bit of a story attached to it. Angela had asked me  for the pattern for my chevron garter stitch throws. She tried knitting one but found that knitting something with so many stitches on the needle wasn't for her. That first attempt became a scarf. Then Angela decided to knit  A4 sized rectangles with the pattern. She then sewed them into a blanket...I love it when people take an idea then adapt it to make something so different!
Angela with her lovely blanket

Now Robyn is showing us a number of hats that she has made in the last month...




here is a child's jumper knitted by Robyn...
 The next 2 photos show the lovely circular shawl/baby blanket made by Claire...

 And this is another baby blanket made by Claire...


On Wednesday afternoon I went to the last Sisters of Stitch meet up for the year. Yes, yet again...another Christmas party! lol

Show and Tell table at Sisters of Stitch...lots of quilts to be donated to the children's hospital

This is the display board outside the meeting room at the library

Close up of our sign...
Tomorrow I'm going to enjoy staying home and getting a few jobs done around the house. But most of all, I'm looking forward to putting some more decorations up for Christmas. The tree is done, the hutch is done, some of the veranda is done but I have a few ideas on what else I can do. :-)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Beaut to share in your Christmas get-togethers Maria! I enjoyed seeing what Angela did with her knitted squares as well. The possibilities are endless aren't they.

twinpeakprimitives said...

Dear Maria,
You are all looking gorgeous down there! Golden girls!
Pictures are amazing as always!

Greetings,