Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A few things have changed here at my place...

Firstly, our little house guest Jimmy went back home with my DD2 last Sunday. DD2 dressed Jimmy in a new shirt and collar that she bought in Thailand...




I'm afraid that I shed a few tears as she drove off down the street and then later on in the evening I really missed him sitting beside me on the couch...Now DH had said before Jimmy came to stay, that the the dog was not allowed on the couch... hmmmm....one cheeky and very cute dog!



Jimmy and Eduardo became good friends and Eduardo misses his playmate too!


Jimmy was supposed to have a bone each day...but most days he just played with it and didn't eat it...so...
The butcher birds would come and peck at the bone when Jimmy had left it...they must miss Jimmy also now! lol

So I thought a good activity on Monday to cheer me up would be to pack away the Easter items in the hutch and change the display...which I did!


I had a lovely round box on a shelf in my sewing room which was ideal to put all those items in...my friend gave me this box full of presents for my 60th...she knows what my favourite flower is..


And it just so happens that the new hutch display is all my bits and pieces of Hydrangea items...Again, family and friends have given me items over the years and it's amazing to gather it all together and see the variety.
Ta dah!


5 comments:

Becky said...

GORGEOUS display! I adore Hydrangeas. They are a bouquet in one bloom.

Anonymous said...

Your hutch looks lovely with the hydrangea display Maria. David, Lorraine and I have been out and about, had a lovely day in Toowoomba at the weekend, off to Sandgate today for a walk along the bayside. We are really looking forward to our boat trip on Sunday.

Marilyn said...

You have a gorgeous collection of hydrangea "things". Makes a lovely display. It would have been quiet without your gorgeous little visitor. Looks like he made himself at home with no problem.

Paul Forster said...

Life without Jimmy! We do get attached quickly! Glad you are being productive, Maria!

Naturally Carol said...

Very pretty display Maria! I love hydrangeas too...my Granny used to have a row of them from her front gate down the driveway to the garage under some big trees...so gorgeous. Have a lovely day.