Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Building progress...

I've already started documenting the 'goings on' in the building site next door...and unlike similar projects around here, this one is going ahead without delay.
On Saturday the man with the heavy equipment worked until mid afternoon finishing up his part of the project...Now as well as doing more digging and levelling, he also took lots of measurements...I could hear the beeping of the gadget that he used... it's attached to this long pole...

He stands it up and the beeping starts...



Then he checks it... 

 I zoomed in on the gadget that is taking readings...

Then when his job was done he put his machine up on the truck and off he went to enjoy the rest of his weekend...






And this is what the site looked like on Saturday afternoon...




We have noticed that Eduardo the cat has been coming home covered in dust and dirt...











On Sunday morning we discovered why... :-) Standing on our front footpath, I caught sight of him rolling around in the dirt next door...by the time I got my camera out and turned it on he'd stopped his indolent rolling around...



Look at the drop here....
On Monday morning the action started again...
Two trucks came bringing supplies needed for the 'footings' etc of the buildings...

Those supplies were stacked neatly and then the second truck came along...


After lunch, the surveyors came along to check things out...
 Everything must have been okayed by the surveyors because then Brad the Builder came back and marked out shapes...
All 7 houses and the garages have been marked out

Now it looks like I sit around waiting to take photos of the building site, but Monday was my designated stay at home day to catch up on jobs around the house and do more sewing up of donated squares. So it all worked out well. In a later post I'll explain the special reason that I am documenting this build...

And I have one more photo to show...this wheelbarrow contains the contents of my compost bin. The bin is also now on our side of the temporary fencing! Woot woot! :-)



5 comments:

Janice said...

The building work looks fascinating, and if it was somewhere else, and not infringing on your peace and quiet, compost bin, and cat cleanliness, I expect it would be great ! Those ditches look huge. I am impressed by the contents of the compost bin....mine is not nearly so good. keep us posted with the progress. Jx

Cath said...

I am keen to know your interest in the build and I hope it is not a block of flats!

Susan said...

I think Eduardo is going to be very busy cleaning himself!!

it will be interesting to see the photo-log as it happens - better for us - no dust/noise etc to deal with!
I won't say "enjoy"...

Noela said...

That seems a lot of dwellings on one block. I suppose your view will disappear. Hope all goes well for you. Hugs.......

Nanette said...

Seven houses on that block! Jeepers! And quite close to your boundary, is there then much yard to your house on that side? And heavy machinery on a Saturday afternoon, our council wouldn't allow it, there's clear regulations about that sort of noise. There were building works going on behind me, across the lane, and they started to crank up the pile driver at 6am, and then on weekthe end...all of us who back onto the lane contacted council and they stopped them working out of the hours stipulated. It gets very tiring after a while, all that noise, and once the other tradies come in..we had half a dozen radios blaring out all day, all on different stations. Hope it all goes well for you, at least you're enjoying taking photos.