Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Just a few random jottings...swaps and WIPs...

Yesterday was the final posting day for the Christmas in July swap and in my inimitable manner, I still had some hand sewing to do on one item before all items could be wrapped and taken to the post office. 


All ready to go...

Then this morning early I heard the front gate squeak...it was the parcel postman and he left a box on the top step...

Ah ha! It was from Peg who it turns out was given my name to be the recipient of her cleverness and creativity in the Christmas in July swap... I knew it would be ok to open the box... look at that!!!


And look at what was underneath the tinsel and bonbons...parcels!!!! But I knew it wasn't ok to unwrap them...that happens on July 25...but I think I've been spoiled here...many thanks Peg!



And yesterday I got something special in the mail too... a pincushion from Leanne in Tassie. This Pincushion Swap  has been organised by Maree . Thank you Leanne!


Last night and throughout the day today, I've been working on some knitting WIPs so I can 'clear the decks' and start some new projects...(she says hopefully! lol)
During the month of June, K4BN ran a challenge for squares which would then be made into desperately needed blankets. I don't mind sewing up squares so I started today on sewing up the 104 squares that one of the lovely members made during June. All of these squares have the ends neatened off which is such a bonus...no weaving in of ends which can take up to an hour with some squares and these squares are thick and that means the sewing up is easier as the stitches get hidden in the yarn. 

The smaller bag in front is 30 squares from 2 ladies at my Sisters of stitch group. 


I have tacked all the intersections and at this stage I'm sewing up the rows and columns...it will be a lovely colourful and very warm blanket; thank you to Christine...

Last night I went back to working on the throw in indigenous colours which I started ages ago ( this year though) but have ended up only working on it between other projects such as swaps and the Art Show project.   I think I only need to do another 30cm or so and this project will be finished and ready to go to a new home.


8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Have fun with all those squares. I hate sewing up and usually use the join-as-you-go method. In this case that would mean more work for you though.

Maria said...

Nice parcels you popped in the post Maria, wonder if they are flying over to the West????????
You will truly be spoilt by Peg..
Have fun joining all your squares..

Anonymous said...

I love the throw in the indigenous colours Maria.
Beautiful.
Enjoy your Christmas in July parcel.

Cath said...

Your pressies look gorgeous. I love the "no peeking" ribbon! And just look what you got back in the mail!! Wow!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Susan said...

not long to go til the big Open day!!! I'll bet you've had a bit of a squish though!
love the ripple pattern.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Thanks Maria....LOL......I was a thrill to stitch for you....you have lots happening there...

Anthea said...

Maria you are a busy lady! enjoy your goodies from Peg, she is a very generous swapper!! x

Vickie said...

Hello Maria.. Today I received your package..oh gobsmackingly awesome ribbon..I will be good it's only a couple of days till opening,cheers Vickie