Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

What if ?...

If I didn't enjoy crafting with fabrics and yarns (and have enormous fabric and yarn stashes)
would my spare bedrooms look like this do you think???

This was the second bedroom in the unit we rented last week...
 No clutter...

Remember how I tidied up bedroom#2 for DsD1 and Dan's visit in the recent school holidays???

Floor visible, and only the doona on top of the bed....
 On one wall are the shelves, but you can see a glimpse of the big striped bags filled with yarns on top of the shelves too unfortunately! lol

Yesterday my friend came over with 3 HUGE bags of fabrics and 1 filled with yarns that one of her scrapbooking friends had given her, for me to hand on. Today (Monday) I started sorting out the fabrics. One pile of mainly quilting cottons and children's designs for Sunshine Linus, another pile for Morag at Sisters of Stitch who collects fabrics for a Refugee Ladies' sewing group that she helps with, another pile for some ladies at the Zillmere Knit and Natter who make children's clothing and quilts for K4BN and one more pile for some ladies at the Scarborough Knit and Natter who also make children's clothes for K4BN. So I guess my messy second bedroom can be viewed as a 'Distribution centre' at the moment.

Dreadful mess isn't it? Oh dear...such a shame! lol (I still haven't removed the traces of the stickers that were put on the shelves by the girls when they were a lot younger) 
The bag of yarn will naturally go to K4BN as well, so theoretically all of this should be moved out in the near future. 

8 comments:

Susan said...

Bit it can be tidy when you need to to be - that's enough!

It looks like you have a list of contacts for donating fabrics too - I must keep this post - I don't like jut sending it off to an op shop - I'd prefer it went to a group that will make good use of it.

Marilyn said...

I agree with Susan, we need to know people and places willing to accept and use or hand on those things we cant use ourselves. Your room looks like quite a well stocked distribution centre, Maria.
I see you are going home this morning. Take care.

Anthea said...

I love the Distribution Centre term!
Sometimes a mess has to be made... just so long as the room doesn't stay like that too long!!

Unknown said...

How on earth can you keep a craft room clear all the time? You need to be able to get your hands on something quickly, don't you? I love it haha! I pleased that you're over the op and are back on deck. I'm sorry that I haven't visited sooner, Maria. Things are so busy here at the moment. Hugs Sue

Lin said...

Work in progress - how can you be tidy at the same time!! xx

angela said...

It's not mess, it's creativity!

angela said...

It's not mess, it's creativity!

Nanette said...

We wouldn't be creators/crafters if we didn't have appropriately stocked....and often messy....work rooms. Your room looks just like my spare room, which gets sorted regularly then messes itself up again. Glad you're well and set to go home.