Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2013

FNSI...

The last Friday Night Sew In for 2013!
I started a very simple project...
A friend had given me a Christmas bunting panel. I have made a number of lengths of festive bunting this year, but not from a pre-printed panel. I thought that it might be nice to use up this panel and have an extra gift to tuck into my neighbour Judy's gift from DH and I. Judy is the neighbour who looks after Eduardo and collects the mail while we are away at any time...a real gem! She also has her 9 year old grandson living with her and so Christmas is a special time in her household, with lots of enthusiastic decorating by grandmother and grandson :-).

Firstly, last night, I had to cut out the triangles. After I had cut them all out with a pair of scissors I realised that I could have used the rotary cutter and have been finished in a fraction of the time! lol
Then I sewed each triangle to some plain polycotton fabric that I had. Then I set to work with the pinking shears.
Still not finished, I have to attach the triangles to a band, with ends left for tying or looping. 


Many thanks to Wendy over at Sugarlane Quilts/Designs who hosts FNSI. This link will take you to the post where people signed up to join in this event. There were 39 of us last night, so why not use the link to have a bit of a look at some of the things people worked on last night? You won't be disappointed!

6 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

that sounds like so much fun Maria,and your bunting looks lovely x

Lyn said...

That is a really cute bunting that you made..

Anonymous said...

very cute and a great FNSI for you Maria.xx

Maria said...

I am sure the young GS will love the bunting you have made...

Susan said...

the bunting looks great - and lovely of you to share it wiht your neighbour!

Pinnylea Creations said...

Gorgeous; I'm sure your neighbour and grandson will have fun putting it up.