Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Goodbye Earls Court...

In the 1960s and 70s, they called Earls Court, 'Kangaroo Valley' due to the high numbers of young Aussies on working holidays, living there. I believe the area has changed a lot in those intervening years :-). It's been a very convenient base for DH and I for this first part of our holiday. 
Some views looking out of our hotel room window...








Each day we would walk up to the West Brompton station which was closer than the Earls Court Station...


Across the road from the West Brompton station is part of the Earls Court Exhibition Centre which is huge! 

A fading old sign for Brymay matches on one of the old buildings on Lillie Rd where our hotel is.





On our first night we had dinner at this quaint little pub..

Each morning we started the day with a big breakfast that was part of our package...the food was always beautiful! We wouldn't need to stop for lunch until mid afternoon! 


On my recent trip to Melbourne I posted photos of the bathroom that was so tiny that the toilet was inside the shower recess. As I seem to have a fetish for sharing bathroom photos here is the one in the Ibis Hotel, Earls Court...
The loo is not in the shower recess as the shower is over the bath...it's a bit of a challenge getting out of the shower with my short legs! :-)

And the most interesting thing about the bathroom is this...
You might ask, what are we supposed to be looking at? It's a speaker...and it's connected to the TV! I have never encountered that before! Lol
I still have a post to write about the museums etc that we visited here in London but in a short while we are picking up a hire car and heading off. First stop is Windsor. 

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

You two must be nearly exhausted but it does sound like you're making the most of every moment. I'm finding your posts interesting. Enjoy the week ahead. xox

Susan said...

Love the speaker in the bathroom - how different.
Oh boy, my hubby would love that hearty brekky!
Great pics, keep snapping :D)

Sue Niven said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, Love the bathroom pics!

Susan said...

At least that bathroom is a bit bigger...
a speaker??? - well I suppose some music while you bathe wouldn't go astray!
(I have stayed in rooms with telephones next to the toilet....lets not go there.)