The 3rd Friday of the month was yesterday, so that means that last night was Friday Night Sew In. This means that people from all around the globe have signed up to spend some time, (in their respective Time Zones) working on crafty type projects. Thank you once again to Wendy over at Sugarlane Quilts for organising this, and you can visit other blogs to see what people worked on, using the Linky in Wendy's post.
After I signed up, I later realised that DH and I would be out at the theatre on Friday night; at the QUT, Gardens' Point Theatre to be precise, to see a David Williamson play, 'Managing Carmen'. So I did some 'FNSI ing' in the late afternoon and then again some more after we arrived home from the theatre.
The project I'm working on is a secret at the moment, so just some glimpses I'm afraid. It's a knitting project and will be another throw...surprising that eh???
The colourway is greys, pinks, mauves and purples and this is the back of the project...
I knitted a trial row and the yellow 'jarred', so that row got pulled out!
Then I thought of something...take the yellow out! And I did...I wound off the yarn that I thought I would need to do that 'block', and when the pink graduated to the yellow, I just cut the yellow length out and joined the ends...
I ended up with a pile of ends which will go into my 'Minestrone project'. (Kaite has discontinued the blog, but my knitted throw is still a work in progress)
When I finished that 'block' of colour, I still had this 'pinky/mauvey/bluey' ball of yarn...
This Cleckheaton Mohair/wool mix is a delight to work with; it reminds me of the lovely Te Awa mohair from NZ which is no longer available.
In a short while I will be able to show you a 'full length and full frontal' pic of this project...stay tuned!