Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Scammers

Good morning everyone. Last week my email account was hacked and at least one email was sent out purporting to be me. One email had the subject heading 'Document'. But it appears that some people received an email from me saying this first email was safe. I sent neither. I tried to send emails to all contacts, but I realise that some people didn't get my warning. 
Now I have been told that some of you have written comments on the blog saying that you were concerned about suspicious emails...but those comments are not showing in my feed or in the stats. 
Please be wary of any emails with links but no message.
Sorry for the confusion and fear that this debacle must cause. 

7 comments:

Sue (this n that) said...

Sorry to read about the trouble you're having Maria. It's so unfortunate when this type of thing happens.
Thanks for the post :D)

Lyn said...

That's not good for you..there seems to have a bit of it going around and it doesn't always have a document just a lot of typing that doesn't seem to make sense..I've sent a few straight to the trash bin..hope it all gets sorted for you

Una said...

That is a real pain. My email was hacked last year and stupid emails were sent out to everyone in my contacts list. I changed my password and set up an extra level of security. Now when I login I also have to enter a number that is texted to my phone. I also clear my Internet history every time I log out of my email account. It is all a bit of a performance, but it seems to work. Really, these hackers need to get a life.

Sandy said...

Death to all hackers! Oh, did I say that out loud?

Susan said...

LOL...Ditto Sandy!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

There some sickos out there xx

Unknown said...

Maria, I received one of those emails from you. I knew it wasn't sent by you as it didn't have my name on it. deleted it without opening it. Sue