Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers' Day...

Here in Australia, the second Sunday in May is Mothers' Day. Yesterday DD2 took me out to lunch as she would not be able to see me today...and a lovely lunch and catch up it was! 
Today I was supposed to go to DD1's for lunch but she has a really bad cold, so we postponed lunch for another time. 
DH went off to golf and I've had the most marvellous day 'pottering'...
One 'job' I did was to change the display and mini quilt on the hutch...this time the Blue Willow came out on display...


 Perhaps a closer look at that beautiful little quilt on the hanger...

Illene made this for me in a mini swap in 2013...and I made this one for her :-)


I posted some old photos of my girls on Instagram and Facebook...
On the left, DD2 aged about 18 months with yours truly at her Nanna's Melbourne home, and on the right, DD1 aged 5 weeks at the family party after her Baptism. Her dad and I are cutting her cake but she got none of it! :-)
And what a coincidence! DD2 used the same photo of her and I in her IG post...
With a nice message too...


I see she made reference to my 'perm' and 'Vegemite eyes' brought a smile to my face...I was the only one in our family of 4 who had brown eyes. Miss DD1, as a toddler, told her Nanna that 'Mummy has Vegemite eyes'...:-/ ( Vegemite is a savoury spread similar to Marmite ie dark brown ) 
It's been a little while since I was able to spend time with both my girls at the same time...so this photo from a few years ago is very special...


I hope all mothers had a lovely Mothers' Day with lots of spoiling! 

6 comments:

angela said...

So happy you had a nice Mother's Day. Loved the little mini quilts. And the photos are great

doodles n daydreams said...

I did, thankyou. Sorry you missed your treat today but I'm sure you'll have a ball when you catch up.

Diana

Maria said...

Nice to have some me time to just potter..

Cynthia said...

Love seeing your old photos. Daughters are so precious! I like you display of Blue Willow dishes. I have my set of miniature Blue Willow udishes from my childhood displayed on a small hutch my dad made for me. Many hours of tea party fun!

Christine M said...

Happy Mother's Day, Maria.

Unknown said...

I was going to wish you a happy Mothers day, but I can see you have had one. So pleased you enjoyed your special pottering day, Maria. Sue xx