Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2016

A Number of Questions Come to Mind...

In the last post I wrote about visiting a number of cemeteries. Well in this post, I'm going to 'revisit' the Wingham Cemetery...
See those gates?
Well just inside those gates was this...! 

Yep! Your eyes don't deceive you...it is a heater! So...those questions???
Has it died and its owner brought it to the cemetery for burial? ( here in Australia we often say when machines/appliances break down that they have 'died' 🙁) 
Or, were some relatives of a 'resident' of the cemetery concerned that their loved one might be cold? 
If so, where will they plug it in?
Or as my brother in law quipped, 'What sort of headstone, would suit a heater?'. 

Just shows you can find something that makes you smile in the most unexpected places. 😉

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Very strange item to find. Oh the stories one could make of this.

In Canada we also say died when an appliance or machine breaks down.

God bless.

doodles n daydreams said...

Well that's a first for me :), maybe the council are offering a new service for dead appliances?

Diana

margaret said...

you never know what you will see next! Here in the UK we say died to. So you have tippers in AUS too cannot understand why they do it mind you I have a cuoncil tip near me, can`t use it though as I do not have a car