Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2016

Pendleton Woolen Mill...


I recently wrote a post about visiting the mill shop at Bendigo Woollen Mill but this time I'm writing about a woollen  mill we 'stumbled across' in Pendleton, Oregon in 2011.

This mill is famous for its colourful woollen  blankets...
But the mill shop had lots of lovely home furnishings and absolutely gorgeous clothing...


I bought a remnant piece of fine woollen fabric...and a quite tiny blanket...
Tiny by choice as we still had 5 weeks of our driving holiday to go, including 2 flights across the country before heading home. Tiny though it may be...I just love my 'souvenir' of Pendleton! 
Linking once again with the Janine's Rainbow Hare Blog Wool on Sunday. Janine is getting close to finishing her magnificent ripple crochet blanket...it is huge!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria ,boy you sure had an amazing trip ,i love your new blanket,i have never been to the Bendigo woollen mill,thankyou for sharing your lovely pics my friend ...

Cat Lover said...

It must of been very hard to restrain yourself from buying too much. I know I would find it hard!

Mary said...

That's a beautiful Pendleton blanket...aren't their wools gorgeous? They make lovely wool shirts, too.

margaret said...

a lovely reminder of your trip to the mill

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Goodness - you seem to have woollen mills everywhere! That blanket is a wonderful souvenir of your holiday. You certainly seem to take woolly vacations :) Thank you for linking up with wool on Sundays :)